Every so often I remember a food item that I kinda miss as a result of cutting out carbs as I have embarked on my weightloss journey. Hash browns are one of those things.
I know they are a bit rubbish but I used to enjoy them (particularly as a part of a hangover breakfast!) and I stumbled across a recipe the other day to make them using sweet potato! I have sweet potato after training so rather than just have a plain old baked one I thought I would give the hash browns a try!
The recipe definitely needs refining as they don't stick together very well, but they tasted nice and overall this is a great substitute for the real thing.
2 Sweet Potatoes (Peeled and Grated)
1/4 White Onion
Oil (Can be coconut, almond etc)
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Kerrygold Butter (for Frying)
How to Make
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, then grate them into a large bowl.
- Add flour, onion, and garlic to the sweet potato and mix well.
- Add oil to the mixture to bind the mix together.
- Heat up the butter in a pan, to test if it is ready throw a couple of sweet potato strands into the pan and they should crackle.
- Use a large spoon to measure the sweet potato mixture and flatten with a spatula.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- When they are cooked allow to cool slightly on a paper towel lined plate.
My #adresstoimpress D-Day is imminent so I thought I would share how I have worked towards my goal (in the hope it has worked). If you have any Christmas Parties or a special New Year Occasion, then I would absolutely recommend that you check out Wish Want Wear's vast collection of dresses as they are very reasonably priced to hire and you can have your very own real life Cinderella story, like I hopefully will!
Why not set your new year's resolutions early and commit to wearing your dream dress next year and if you do, be sure to check out Wish Want Wear for all your designer dress requirements!
Social Media and Contact Links