Here's an absolute fave recipe of mine.. Banana Blondies. It makes the most amazingly gooey dessert treats and they really aren't bad in terms of ingredients! They are also super easy to make for baking-phobes!
- 2 large ripe bananas (the squishier the better).
- ½ cup nut butter (I have found peanut butter to taste awesome, but cashew butter and almond butter work very nicely too).
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or honey.
- ⅓ cup coconut flour.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- ½ teaspoon baking powder.
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda.
- You can top the blondies how you choose, I have used dessicated coconut in the past or dark chocolate chips or raisins and all have been a nice addition!
- Preheat oven to 200/250 degrees.
- Grease a baking tray or line with greased paper, alternatively if you are lazy like me use a silicone baking tray!
- Place all of the ingredients except the toppings into a blender or food processor. Mix the ingredients using a blender (my nutribullet works quite well but can get a bit cloggy if the bananas aren't super ripe). The mix goes like a sticky paste/batter. I would highly recommend you lick the spoon at this point...
- Spreadthe mixture into your baking tray of choice and smooth the top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips or alternative toppings.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 20-30 mins or until golden brown and the surface feels dry.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely in the tray. These are easier to remove once they have cooled fully. They also last really well in Tupperware for a good few days.