2015 seems to be the year of brunch. A 'sometimes' boozy get together that starts mid morning, giving you plenty of time to recover from the Champagne haze...
It's an event that appears to have wormed it's way over here from the US and Dubai where weekly, lavish brunch dates are the norm.
I went to a brunch when I was in Dubai and it was every bit as over the top as I had been lead to believe it would be! I think the idea of hosting your own brunch is a fun way to see your pals over the weekend. I'm not suggesting you put on quite the spread as they do in Dubai, but here are a few ideas that are easy to create, with or without cocktails of course!!
- You can make two ingredient banana pancakes or protein pancakes and provide a variety of toppings!
- My faves are bacon and agave nectar but you could also have mixed berries and greek yogurt!
- Porridge with toppings.. let the creativity run wild! Almond milk, coconut milk, normal milk! Whatever the heart desires.
- Fruit Platters and nutella.
- Greek Yogurt with toppings; fruit, nuts, seeds, granola...
- Sweet potato hash is my new fave thing to make. Grate a sweet potato, fry it off and serve with gluen free sausages and eggs. Yum.
- Pear and Elderflower
- Strawberry Bellini