Cakes and naughty snacks are always floating around this time of year so here is a recipe for Paleo Carrot Cake!
I was really impressed with the recipe and I think this makes a really good substitute for the real deal...
2 Large Carrots, Grated/Blended
2/3 of a Jar of Almond Butter (they sell it at Win Naturally in the Trafford Centre, or Tesco!)
3 Tablespoons Honey/Agave Nectar
1 Cup Coconut Flour
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Raisins
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to approx 200 Degrees C.
- Put the shredded carrots in a large bowl, add the almond butter and the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the honey, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and add in the coconut flour bit by bit.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Grease a baking tin with coconut oil and pour the cake mixture in.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until the cake looks cooked on top and has a nice crust.
- Let the cake cool before cutting.